Parkinson's & Neurological Disorders
A home care referral may be appropriate when a client:
- Struggles to complete Activities of Daily Living
- Has difficulty with fine motor skills such as opening bottles or taking medications
- Has self-feeding challenges due to rigidity or coordination
- Has had a fall or is unsteady in gait
- Has loss of balance or difficulty/slowness transferring from sitting to standing position
- Has reduced energy and conservation techniques would be helpful
Benefits of Home Care:
- Timely interventions due to sign and symptom recognition
- Implementation of a treatment plan developed by health care professionals
- Reduced fall risk
- Decreased risk of hospitalization
Proud member of the Struthers Parkinson’s Care Network.
The Struthers Parkinson’s Center is a facility recognized throughout the US in their care of clients with Parkinson’s disease and related movement disorders. As part of this network, the Struthers Parkinson’s Center provides training to select branches of PRHC.
This specialized training is provided to our home care team and provides insight into Parkinson’s disease and the affects it has on a client’s movement, speech, eating, sleep and other daily activities. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life, overall comfort and care of the Parkinson’s client.
The nurses and therapists at PRHC can help
you or a family member manage their
Parkinson’s disorder at home.